Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Try

"You don't have to try so hard
You don't have to, give it all away
You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up
You don't have to change a single thing" 
- "Try" by Colbie Caillat

"Ever worry that it might be ruined
And does it make you wanna cry
When you're out there doing what you're doing
Are you just getting by
Tell me are you just getting by, by, by..." 
- "Try" by Pink

"To make an effort to do something: to attempt to accomplish or complete something" -  Definition from Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

“There is no try. There is only do.” - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I try. I really do. I try to do so many things. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail.

Being a parent, all I ask is for my daughter to try. Try to put her shoes on herself. Try this vegetable or that piece of fruit. Try to do something alone but know to ask for help if needed. All I want is for her to try.

To try takes courage. To try means to often push down our fears. I watch my daughter try and I know that we as adults could certainly try a lot harder sometimes.

I can try to make better choices for myself. I can try to be more accepting of my flaws. I can try to accept myself as I am. I can but I often don't. Why?

When did it become ok to stop trying? And how can I learn how to train myself to try again?

It's easy to just go through the motions of our every day and not dwell too hard on the factors or elements that limit us. But I was never one to take the easy way out, though. I want to start looking at my fears and facing them head on and then try to break them down and try to get over them.

I can (and am) trying to eat healthier. Not diet, just be healthy. I can (and am) trying to exercise harder. Not faster, not more, but more effective and better. I can (and am still working on) try to be more patient with others. I can (and have a long way to go) try to be more patient with myself.

I do not want to look back on my life and wish I had done more. I do not want to look back on Miranda's life and think she could have done more if only I was not to scared to try something new. So I won't. I made a promise to her the day she was born and I intend to keep that promise. We will do it all. Or at least we will try!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarantine Life

Social distancing  is a set of nonpharmaceutical  infection control  actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of a  contagious dise...