Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Hello

Adele released a new album this month and the song, "Hello" has been playing everywhere I go. I was immediately drawn to her voice and that song. Her last album became familiar to me around the time when Allie died so I used to associate her music with a little bit of darkness and despair.

This time around, I found her songs to be different.

She is different now. Now she is a mother. Now she has found fame. I read an article in which she said, "The song (Hello) is about hurting someone's feelings but it's also about trying to stay in touch with myself, which sometimes can be a little bit hard to do."

I absolutely love that. A song to herself! Staying in touch with herself. Isn't that something we all need to do?

I feel like I need to constantly stay in touch with myself. I need to remind myself to be healthy and why it matters so much. I need to remind myself to be good to myself and not to be strict when things do not go my way. I am truly my harshest critic and it's good to remember to be be kind more than be critical.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner. This is a holiday that used to remind me of what I had lost. My brothers and I were often separated due to visitation schedule with my dad and I often felt alone, even though I never was. Through the years, the holiday has transformed into something less dramatic and just plain fun. This year, we are adding a high chair for my niece while Miranda is upgraded to a "big girl" chair and I can't help but be excited about spending the day with my loved ones.


I lose touch with myself a lot. I forget to put myself first and I worry too much about others before I worry about me. I vow to be more aware of that moving forward. I am so lucky. I have so much to be thankful for each and every day. I am loved and I love so much back. Not just this week but every week. That's what it's all about, right?
 
"Hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home"
-Adele

Hello, It's me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarantine Life

Social distancing  is a set of nonpharmaceutical  infection control  actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of a  contagious dise...