Saturday, June 27, 2015

What I am is what I am

I had my first "staff meeting" today as a Weight Loss Coach. I gained 2 clients this week and am thrilled with their progress so far (and also mine!).

My first assignment was to write a bio for the company's website. I am sharing it here as it gets to the core of who I am and why this all matters to me so very much. 
 
My name is Samantha Koellhoffer and I am a 41 year old wife and mom.  I am happily married to my best friend and we have the most amazing little girl. I am a freelance writer and work part time. When I am not writing, I am home with our daughter and learning to see the world through her eyes.

My weight has always been an issue for me. I tried every diet out there – many more than once. I would try every fad, get to my goal, and then slowly (or sometimes quickly!) gain the weight back. Each time I lost the weight, I felt amazing. Each time I gained it back, I felt worse than the time before. 

My weight used to define me.  

I heard of Mind, Body & Soul Fitness from a dear friend of mine and it’s easy to say this program changed my life.

In the past, I dieted to get thin. This time, I did it to get healthy. I want to be around for my family for the long haul and that meant some things had to change.

80 pounds and 48+ inches later, the world is open to me again. I have a freedom that I had lost for quite some time. I was holding myself back from doing so much before and I did not even know it. I was my own harshest critic and my own worst enemy.

Now is the time to share what I have learned. To help others discover their true selves. To take the control and the power back.  I define me. And now I want to help define you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarantine Life

Social distancing  is a set of nonpharmaceutical  infection control  actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of a  contagious dise...