Monday, May 16, 2011

More...

Gary and I could not wait to start a family.   We are lucky enough to have many children in our lives with our wonderful network of friends and also family.  We have 2 nephews and 2 nieces and love them all so much that it hurt sometimes.  It hurts more that we promised them all a cousin that they are now going to have to wait a bit longer for...


I will never forget the day we found out that we were pregnant.  I suspected that I was (call it woman's intuition!) but Gary did not believe it!  After all, we were only married a few months and there was no way our luck could be that good!!  We were so excited to share the news with our families and sure enough, everyone was elated for us.  And to top it off, we had just found out that my brother and his wife were also expecting!  While we had to keep that news a secret until they were ready to share it with the world, we were so very happy.   


My pregnancy was pretty easy.  I did not get sick and I did not have a lot of nausea.  I was more tired than I had been in my entire life, but aside from that, I was ok.  And super excited.  Right away, Gary suspected that we had a little girl on the way, but it took longer to convince me.  Ok, so it took an ultrasound to convince me!  But as much as I wanted a little Captain America for my husband to play with, once they said the words, "it's a girl", our lives changed.  Gary beamed from ear to ear and I think I almost immediately wondered if there was a minimum age for manis and pedis...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarantine Life

Social distancing  is a set of nonpharmaceutical  infection control  actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of a  contagious dise...