Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Time, Time, Time...See What's Become of Me

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
-Albert Einstein

I have written many times about the concept of time. Although time is a constant, it means different things to different people and at different times in their lives.

Two years ago on this very day, we hosted a fundraiser to help raise money to assist with adoption costs. Mission Adoptable was one of the best, most fun events that I had ever attended, let alone hosted.

I knew I had to be patient. I believed the system would work and that we had to give it "time". I also knew that my heart would not let me wait all that long.

I was reminded this past weekend that I told people at the time of our event that our baby was already conceived. We were just waiting to be chosen. And she was and we were!

Two years ago on this very day, my heart was full of love and laughter and also mourning and sadness.

Today it is just full. 

I have heard parents remark that they were afraid when they their second child that they did not know if there was room in their hearts to love that child as much as the first as they loved their first with such intensity. I now know that you can. The heart is capable of all the love in the world.

I have just as much room in my heart for butterflies as well as for rainbows.

I turned 41 last week. That seems OLD to me! But I was reminded by another friend that if I live till 82 (which I fully plan to do...at least!), that I am only at my half-way point. So that means I could be middle aged, I suppose...or it could mean I have a ton of life left to live.

In a way, I am glad everything does not happen all at once. I need time to catch my head up with my heart and absorb it all. I think we all do.

They say "time waits for no man" and I think that is fine. I do not want to wait for time - I just want to live the best I can in the time that I have.

Birthday Dinner 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarantine Life

Social distancing  is a set of nonpharmaceutical  infection control  actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of a  contagious dise...