Thursday, October 9, 2014

My "Why"

When I first got interested in selling Rodan + Fields, I was told to craft my "why".  Have a reason in my mind that will give me the courage to reach out, make me remember why I got involved in the first place and have something to focus on, aside from the products themselves.

I did not have to think long.  My family is my "why".

3 days a week, I lace up my sneakers, pull my hair into a ponytail, squeeze my body into clothes that are not flattering and I run.  I run to feel better.  I run to get in shape. I run to set an example for my daughter.  I run to make sure I am around for a long time to come.

I am a freelance writer.  2 days a week from home and 1 day a week from an office of my very own.  I write about training classes and blog about human resource practices and I do it so that I can be home with Miranda the rest of the week and so that I can keep my mind sharp so that I can play with her and teach her all the things that she will need to know.  I also do it so that I can afford to buy her whatever her (and my) heart desires.

I never assumed that I was going to be a wife and I certainly never thought I was going to be a mother.  Now that I am both, I can't imagine it any other way.  

Allie is my why, even though she is not here.  You can't see her, but she is here.  I know it.


Miranda is my why and she brings more light and laughter to all those around her than I ever would have thought possible.


Gary is my why - for without him, I would be so lost.


My brothers, my sisters-in-law, my mom, my in-laws...all part of my why.  For them I want to be strong and healthy and happy.

Lastly, I am my own why.  I deserve all of these things.  It took me most of my life to see that, but lately it has become so clear to me.  

Do you know your why?  Take a moment and make sure you do.  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarantine Life

Social distancing  is a set of nonpharmaceutical  infection control  actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of a  contagious dise...