I am thankful for...well, what am I not thankful for? I am thankful for my life. Every day of it. I am thankful for my husband who is the kind of man that goes on a business trip and sends me flowers. And notes. Every day a handwritten note to Miranda and me. I am thankful for Gary's heart and that he let me into it and then also opened it up for both of our girls.
I am thankful for my mom who lives 7 minutes away and who is here when I need her to be and also knows to not be here when I don't. And I am thankful that she knows the difference. I am thankful for my 2 brothers and their wives and am so glad that we all enjoy each other as much as we do. And I am so glad we are all there to support each other like we do. I am thankful for my 3 nieces and 2 nephews that bring me more joy than I could ever explain. I am thankful for Gary's brother and his wife and know how lucky I am to have them as family and as friends. I am thankful for the family I married into as they are as much mine as Gary's and have enough compassion and advice to fill any empty space.
I am thankful for my friends. The ones I text and email at all hours of the day and night who keep me sane. The ones who hold me up when I need support and who laugh with me when I need the release. The ones I share my hopes and my dreams with and the ones I share a bottle of wine with...without my friends, I would be lost.
I am thankful for the 37 weeks that I got with my first daughter and am glad that time is not diminishing my love or memory of her.
I am thankful for M for choosing Gary and me to be Miranda's parents. Can we ever thank her enough?
I am thankful for Miranda. For her smile when I walk into a room. For the way she fills my heart. For the way she makes Gary light up. And for the thousands of other things she does without even knowing it.
I am thankful for it all.
Now on to my list (in no particular order):
- I used to hate country music but now I kind of dig it
- My middle name is Jill
- I never thought I was going to be a wife or a mother and now those are my 2 favorite roles
- I wish I applied myself more in school (high school and college)
- I wish I had better willpower
- My favorite color is pink
- I don't drink coffee and am still baffled that it is as big an industry as it is
- That being said, I love caffeine and Diet Coke is one of the best inventions. EVER.
- I am Jewish and proud of it
- Quitting smoking is one of the things I have done that I am most proud of to this day
- I love getting mail
- I love name brands and feel like I should not care what a label says but still do
- I used to bite my nails
- I was once hypnotized to lose weight. I wish I could get a refund
- I love to make people laugh. I hate to see people cry. But I believe in the power of both.
- I love all the shows on the Food Network but can't cook at all
- I think being a grown up is WAY harder than being a teenager
- I was voted "Most Dramatic" in my High School yearbook and wonder where I would be if I had pursued acting as a career
Lastly, I am thankful that I discovered writing as a way to connect my heart and my head. And I am thankful that anyone bothers to read my ramblings at all! I am thankful for the chance to be thankful.
|Miranda with her 2 boy cousins|
|Miranda and my mom (aka Gram)|
|Cousin Ella helping Miranda with her puffs|
|Aunt Neda, Uncle Jeff and Miranda|