Monday, November 18, 2013

Giving Thanks + My List

It seems the trend on Facebook this month is to list the things you are thankful for each day and to list a certain amount of fun facts about you that few people know.  I decided to combine them both in a post.

I am thankful for...well, what am I not thankful for?  I am thankful for my life.  Every day of it.   I am thankful for my husband who is the kind of man that goes on a business trip and sends me flowers.  And notes.  Every day a handwritten note to Miranda and me.  I am thankful for Gary's heart and that he let me into it and then also opened it up for both of our girls.

I am thankful for my mom who lives 7 minutes away and who is here when I need her to be and also knows to not be here when I don't.  And I am thankful that she knows the difference. I am thankful for my 2 brothers and their wives and am so glad that we all enjoy each other as much as we do.  And I am so glad we are all there to support each other like we do.  I am thankful for my 3 nieces and 2 nephews that bring me more joy than I could ever explain.  I am thankful for Gary's brother and his wife and know how lucky I am to have them as family and as friends.  I am thankful for the family I married into as they are as much mine as Gary's and have enough compassion and advice to fill any empty space.

I am thankful for my friends.  The ones I text and email at all hours of the day and night who keep me sane.  The ones who hold me up when I need support and who laugh with me when I need the release.  The ones I share my hopes and my dreams with and the ones I share a bottle of wine with...without my friends, I would be lost.

I am thankful for the 37 weeks that I got with my first daughter and am glad that time is not diminishing my love or memory of her.

I am thankful for M for choosing Gary and me to be Miranda's parents.  Can we ever thank her enough?

I am thankful for Miranda.  For her smile when I walk into a room.  For the way she fills my heart.  For the way she makes Gary light up.  And for the thousands of other things she does without even knowing it.

I am thankful for it all.  

Now on to my list (in no particular order):
  1. I used to hate country music but now I kind of dig it
  2. My middle name is Jill
  3. I never thought I was going to be a wife or a mother and now those are my 2 favorite roles
  4. I wish I applied myself more in school (high school and college)
  5. I wish I had better willpower
  6. My favorite color is pink
  7. I don't drink coffee and am still baffled that it is as big an industry as it is
  8. That being said, I love caffeine and Diet Coke is one of the best inventions.  EVER.
  9. I am Jewish and proud of it
  10. Quitting smoking is one of the things I have done that I am most proud of to this day
  11. I love getting mail
  12. I love name brands and feel like I should not care what a label says but still do
  13. I used to bite my nails
  14. I was once hypnotized to lose weight.  I wish I could get a refund
  15. I love to make people laugh.  I hate to see people cry. But I believe in the power of both.
  16. I love all the shows on the Food Network but can't cook at all
  17. I think being a grown up is WAY harder than being a teenager
  18. I was voted "Most Dramatic" in my High School yearbook and wonder where I would be if I had pursued acting as a career
I think that somewhat random list gives some insight into who I am.  

Lastly, I am thankful that I discovered writing as a way to connect my heart and my head.  And I am thankful that anyone bothers to read my ramblings at all!  I am thankful for the chance to be thankful.

Miranda with her 2 boy cousins

Miranda and my mom (aka Gram)

Cousin Ella helping Miranda with her puffs

Aunt Neda, Uncle Jeff and Miranda
Us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarantine Life

Social distancing  is a set of nonpharmaceutical  infection control  actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of a  contagious dise...